Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'LL CRY INSTEAD ~ THE BEATLES

"I'll Cry Instead" is a John Lennon composition credited to Lennon/McCartney, and recorded by The Beatles for the soundtrack to their film A Hard Day's Night. Lennon wrote the song for the "break-out" sequence in the film. Although the song was not part of the original movie, the label of the American 45 lists the song as being "From the United Artists Picture, 'A Hard Day's Night'". "I'll Cry Instead" was described by Cynthia Lennon as a cry for help, saying "It reflects the frustration he [John Lennon] felt at that time. He was the idol of millions, but the freedom and fun of the early days had gone." John Lennon later said the line "A chip on my shoulder that's bigger than my feet" was an accurate indication of his feelings at the time."I'll Cry Instead" is rooted in country & western, a genre that the Beatles, and especially Ringo Starr, enjoyed playing.

No comments:

Looking for your favorite artist, youtube videos, songs and lyrics? search this blog!!