Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WHEN I NEED YOU ~ CELINE DION

"When I Need You" is a promotional single from Céline Dion's Let's Talk About Love album, released on September 7, 1998 in Brazil only.After Céline Dion finished her Falling into You Tour in June 1997, she began to record her next English album. Dion and her manager and husband René Angélil wanted to include few cover versions on it. David Foster came up with the idea of recording Leo Sayer's hit "When I Need You." The song, recorded at Paramount Studios and Chartmaker Studios, was produced by Foster and included on Dion's Let's Talk About Love album, released on November 15, 1997. Céline Dion performed this song during the Let's Talk About Love avec Julie Snyder Canadian TV show in late 1997.After a string of successful singles like "My Heart Will Go On" and "Immortality," Sony Music Entertainment decided to release "When I Need You" as a promotional single in Brazil (September 1998). Two previous singles were very successful in Brazil. However, with no music video and no promotion "When I Need You" failed to repeat the success of Dion's earlier songs.Authors of "When I Need You" worked with Dion also on several other songs. Albert Hammond wrote "Just Walk Away," included on The Colour of My Love album (1993) and Carole Bayer Sager wrote "The Prayer," which became a part of These Are Special Times (1998).

1 comment:

Tom23 said...

I love this song, mas gusto ko tong version na to kaysa sa version ni Leo Sayer.

Looking for your favorite artist, youtube videos, songs and lyrics? search this blog!!